USB Device Not Recognized Fix
- 1 USB Device Not Recognized Fix
In this article, I will you the best and most workable solution for USB not recognized error.
Sometimes when we plug in our USB, memory card, or mobile phone as mass storage for access to our data the pc show this type of error message ”USB device not recognized.” Also check how to fix 0xc000007b error.
Why USB Device Not Recognized Error Occour
Before solving this problem we need to know actually why this error message shows. It has many reasons so I’ll tell you about major and popular reasons;
- Currently, plug-in USB has become corrupt, unstable or damaged. It means
- Your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB external hard drive and Windows.
- The USB or data cable we use to connect the storage device to our pc may be damaged or not working properly this is also a reason for this error.
- Windows may be missing other important updates hardware or software issues.
- When we connect any pen drive or any storage device to our computer the algorithm of the computer reads this instruction and forwards it to the CPU and the main role played in this process is Drivers. Sometimes in our pc USB drivers are missing or antivirus or virus corrupt any driver’s file and then the drivers can’t recognize the instructions and this way we face this problem.
- USB controllers may be unstable or corrupt.
- Your external drive may be entering selective suspension.
- PC motherboard needs updated drivers.
How To Fix USB USB Device Not Recognized In Windows
If your device is not recognized on your computer, try these solutions below to make it show up again. We strongly recommend you follow the below methods in sequence. Since there are many reasons that lead to a Windows failed to recognize the USB device error.
There are a lot of methods and tricks to get rid of this problem. But in this post, I will share the easiest simple, and most workable method to solve this problem.
Also, you can watch this video to solve this issue
If you got USB device not recognized error when you connect your mobile phone via USB cable, then follow this method.
- First of all, install USB (ADB) Drivers on your computer or laptop (Download link given below).
What are ADB Drivers
Solution 2: Update Drivers
- First of all click on the Start button, type Windows Update in the Search box, and select Windows Update
- Click on Check for Updates and wait for scanning. After the scan is complete, select Review optional updates.
- Select the check box next to the updates, then select Install updates.
- Review the license agreement, then select I Accept.
- Follow the instructions given to download and install the updates.
- Reboot your computer.
Solution 3: Install/Reinstall USB Device Controllers
- First of all click on the Start button and type device manager in the Search box, and here select Device Manager.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Press and hold (or right-click) a device and select Uninstall. Repeat for each device.
- Once complete, restart your computer. Your USB controllers will automatically install.
Solution 4: Change USB Cable
There is an easy and simple way to fix a USB device not recognized is that if you are trying to connect your phone or another device with a USB cable and got this error then, change the data cable. Sometimes our usb cable is damaged but we try to fix this problem by installing the drivers. When you change usb cable your usb is not recognized will solve easily.