Fix VCOMP140.DLL Download
There are many ways to fix the vcomp140.dll error but I’ll tell you an authentic and easiest way to permanently solve this error. Also, check the vcruntime140.dll error solution.
Why vcomp140.dll error occurs
How to fix VCOMP140.DLL missing error
Follow these steps to solve the vcomp140.dll error.
- First of all open “My Computer”
- Go to C:Drive (System Partition)
- Open windows folder
- In the Windows, folder search “system32”
You can also find this folder by following this address
My Computer > C:Drive > Windows > System32
In this folder (system32) paste the vcomp140.dll file (Download links given below). Make sure you’re pasting a compatible vcruntime file in system32 (i.e. 32bit or 64bit match to your computer’s operating system). Both 32-bit and 64-bit files download links are given below.
After pasting the vcomp140.dll file in the system32 folder press the back key and find the sysWOW64 folder in the windows folder you will get this folder just below the system32 folder.
Note: In some cases may be in your pc this folder (sysWOW64) not available so don’t worry skip this step and follow the next step.
Now also paste vcruntime file in sysWOW64 folder which you paste in system32 into this folder.
- Now go to the desktop here you can see all the software’s shortcuts which you’re installed on your computer.
- Here find the shortcut of the software or game which shows the vcomp140.dll error.
- Right-click on the shortcut and click on the “open file location”
- You will be redirected to the software or game’s installation directory.
Now paste the vcomp140.dll (the same file which you paste in system32) in this folder.
When you do these three steps now open the game or software which shows the vcomp140.dll error. Your error is now fixed. Enjoy
- 1 Fix VCOMP140.DLL Download